Friday, January 11, 2013

The Secret Garden - Boy, Age 8 to 12

THE SECRET GARDEN
 Colin is a boy age 8 to 12 who has been bedridden his entire life.

COLIN: The springtime.  I was thinking that I’ve really never seen it before.  I scarcely ever went out, and when I did go I never looked at it.  I didn’t even think about it.  That morning when you ran in and said ‘It’s come!  It’s come!’ you made me feel quite queer.  It sounded as if things were coming with a great procession and big bursts and wafts of music.  I’ve a picture like it in one of my books - crowds of lovely people and children with garlands and branches with blossoms on them,  everyone laughing and dancing and crowding and playing on pipes.  That’s why I said, ‘Perhaps we shall hear golden trumpets’ and told you to throw open the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment