Saturday, February 16, 2013

More Anne of Green Gables Monologues

ANNE OF GREEN GABLES
From the book, young Anne talking to herself in her bedroom mirror.

ANNE: Now I’m going to imagine things into this room so that they’ll always stay imagined.  This is a couch all heaped with gorgeous silken cushions, pink and blue and crimson and gold, and I am reclining gracefully on it.  I can see my reflection in that splendid big mirror hanging on the wall.  I am tall and regal, clad in a gown or trailing white lace, with a pearl cross on my breast and pearls in my hair.  My name is Lady Cordelia Fitzgerald.  No, it isn’t - I can’t make that seem real.
 You’re only Anne of Green Gables, and I see you, just as you are looking now, whenever I try to imagine I’m the Lady Cordelia.  But it’s a million times nicer to be Anne of Green Gables than Anne of nowhere in particular, isn’t it?

4 comments:

  1. Handling Emotions -Empower kids for better tomorrow

    Want your kids to feel free and motivated ,here is best platform for your kids to have good mental and physical health .Come and join us for betterment of your kids.

    must click below to our website

    must read : Handling Emotions

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wholesale Kids Wear Suppliers is one those Indian outfits that you could wear for any occasion and your appearance respectable everywhere.Thanks for sharing great post. I really like this post.wholesale kids wear , wholesale kids lehenga choli




    ReplyDelete